Supervising Vehicle Inspector - Dunedin
- Hands On Supervisory role
- Day off on your Birthday
- Free WoF's
- Life and Trauma insurance
- Assistance with Relocation expenses
We have a fantastic opportunity for a solutions-focused, people centric Vehicle Inspector to step up and manage people and workflow at our Dunedin Inspection Site. You will equip the team to deliver outstanding inspection services and promote an inclusive and productive workplace.
Reporting to and working closely with the Manager - Dunedin & Gore Inspection Sites, you'll be responsible for supervising the sites day to day work activities and Waka Kotahi and customer commitments. This is a multi-faceted role where your leadership and ‘hands-on' ability to implement best practice inspection processes, in line with company practices and policies, will drive the business forward.
You'll be highly organised and keep the lanes busy and free flowing by appropriately assigning tasks, getting stuck in to assist when busy, and/or to coach the team and improve inspection processes. Responsibilities also include providing technical information and support in plain English to staff and customers to improve service delivery and customer relations. Supporting the Manager with recruitment and ‘on boarding' of new employees is also part of the role, as is ensuring our people are trained, engaged and confident to deliver quality and timely work outputs.
You'll champion a healthy, safe and collaborative work environment and actively promote a culture of high performance, individual and team growth and continuous improvement. The Supervising Vehicle Inspector will roll up their sleeves and work with the team to deliver best practice inspections in a safe and efficient manner that adheres to Waka Kotahi and VINZ processes and procedures.
To be successful you will require:
- Proven ability to direct, guide and motivate individuals and gel them into successful teams.
- Well-rounded Vehicle Inspection experience, with the authorities to inspect most vehicle classes, including heavy (COF B).
- Sound computing and administrative skills to manage office and workshop tasks.
- Excellent English communication, written and verbal, and able to translate complex technical information into plain English.
- Proven customer service skills and ability to build rapport and understanding with diverse people.
- Understand and follow mandated inspection processes and regulations.
- A collaborative supervisor who listens to team input, makes informed decisions and provides clear instruction.
- A sense of humour, positive attitude and tons of common sense!
If you take pride in your work, deliver timely quality services and desire to share your knowledge and skill with others you need to apply